Browse for a firewood location to obtain a firewood permit
Retrieve Permit Copy
Click here to retrieve a copy of your last valid firewood permit.
Information collected in this system will not be used for any purpose other than
to create a firewood permit.
Information collected will not be given to any other third party except where
required by law.
All information provided will be held by Forestry Corporation of NSW and will be managed in
accordance with provisions under the
Privacy Act 1988.
There are no notices at this stage.
A number of State forests are currently closed due to the fire situation in NSW. Please check the current closure list here before planning to visit any State Forest. Fossicking and firewood collection are not permitted in closed forests even with a permit.
Collecting Firewood in NSW
About the Firewood Permit Application
This application allows the user to purchase a permit to collect firewood from a
range of state forests within NSW.
To create a permit you will be required to provide:
- your personal contact details
- vehicle registration number
- driver's licence number
- pensioner number (if applicable)
- credit card details for payment
The cost of a permit will range between $0.00 and $0.00 per tonne depending on location and pensioner card.
When collecting firewood
- Make sure you have a copy of your permit with you. Authorities will ask to see
it and fines may be used if it is not processed.
- Make sure you have a copy of the map that shows the area in which you are
permitted to collect wood. You will need this to ensure you are complying with
boundaries of your permit.
- Be aware of environmental and safety issues - see Collecting Firewood